Friday, December 31, 2010

Kefir Attempt Number 2!!

My last attempt at making a Kefir drink ended with my poor sister, a mop, and lots of sticky liquid everywhere, sorry Karol!!

This time I'm not going to add more sugar and trust that they are alive.  The raisin have even started dancing they are just moving about in the jar, I think there having a new years party!


This is the recipe I used this time:
20g of dried fruit (I used raisins)
1 litre of boiled tap water or natural mineral water
1 organic unwaxed lemon sliced
6 tbsp Sugar
water kefir grains (about 3 tbsp)

I dissolved the sugar in the water in an air tight jar and then added the water kefin grains, dried fruit and lemon.
The mix should be left for at least 1 day but no longer than 4. The longer it is left the the taste will suffer.

Once the drink is ready, take out the lemon and squeeze it into the drink. Pour the drink through a sieve. The drink should then be kept in an air tight container in the fridge.

Remove all the fruit from the sieve and clean the kefirs with mineral water or cooled boiled water. Clean the jar with water and begin the process again.

Can't wait to try it now, will let you know.

Shiny
xxx

2 comments: