Friday, December 3, 2010

Simple Tasty Bread Recipe

I thought it was about time that I shared one of my recipes.  I was fed up trying to find a bread recipe that had no xanthum gum or some other ingredient that was on the no no list.  I decided to just make up my own and see how it went.  To my surprise it was a great success and stays fresh for a whole week.  The bread is mainly made from buckwheat.  But don't let that put you off, it has not connection to wheat!!

Technically, buckwheat is not a grain. It’s not even related to wheat. It is a seed, from the rhubarb family, but one that can be used in a wide range of recipes in a manner similar to wheat. The people of China and Japan, where it originated, have reaped its health benefits for centuries, but it remains relatively new to us. 
It is high in fiber and protein, and is a good source of iron and magnesium.  Buckwheat also contains rutin, a substance believed to lower cholesterol and blood pressure, thus helping to prevent heart disease.  For all those with hemorrhoids, rutin is believed to get rid of them!

2 Cups of Buckwheat flour
1 Cup of rice flour
2 1/2 Cups of water
2 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs whisked well (I can't have egg whites so I only use the egg yolk but I mix it with 1 tsp of organ no egg and 2 Tbsp of water)

You simply mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then combine with all the wet ingredients. Mix well.

Place in a greased bread tin and bake at 200C.
I bake it for 30 - 35 minutes but oven times may vary.

Hope you enjoy!
Shiny

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm..recipiee sounds very nice! Thanx for sharing sista, definatelly gona try it!!!

    ReplyDelete