Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

Before I started on the anti candida diet I always passed on the veg.  As soon as I found out all the food I would have to exclude I new I would have to get over my veg issues especially since I could not have any fruit.  The thoughts of this was a nightmare until I made this chicken stir fry.  There is great flavours from cumin, ginger and tamari sauce and they hide the taste of the veg.  I now don't mind the veg on their own either.

More amazing for me though is the peppers.  I had a major pet hate for peppers.  I wouldn't even eat an apple that had been sitting beside a pepper as I could taste the pepper off the apple! People who know me are amazed to see peppers in my fridge or in my lunch at work! Of course I'm yet to eat an apple that has been sitting beside the pepper as I am still in phase one of the diet.

I think this stir fry is great for you want something quick or for lunches because you can just heat it up in work.   This recipe would also be lovely with beef or pork.  I don't use pork at the moment because if you have issues with diary you can often have an issue with beef too as it has the same fat content.

Ingredients are for 1 so just multiply as needed
Ingredients
Fillet of chicken cubed
1 small red onion roughly chopped
Ginger thinly sliced approx. 1.5cm
1 garlic clove crushed
3 spring onions chopped
2 florets of broccoli broke into small pieces
1/4 red pepper cut into strips (or any colour or mixed)
Handful of peas in pods
juice of half a lime
1 tsp of ground cumin
1 tspn of Tamari (wheat free soy sauce, i like Clearsprings as there is no alcohol in it)

Heat your oil on the pan, then add the chicken, onion, garlic and ginger.  Allow to fry until the chicken is white all around then add your remaining vegetables.  Fry for about 1 minute then add your lime juice and cumin. Fry for another minute then add the Tamari sauce. Continue to fry until the chicken is cooked throughout. So simple yet so tasty.  You can use whatever vegetable you like.



Enjoy
Shiny
xxx

1 comment: