Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mexican Fajitas Night

I mentioned before how I love fajitas, every now and then I get a massive craving for guacamole so I just have to a Mexican night.  That's what happened last night.  Normally I would use chicken but for a change I used a pork fillet. 

Ingredients:
1 pork fillet
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1 medium onion
fajitas seasoning (see my yeast and sugar free recipe here)
Tortilla wraps (see my dairy, wheat, yeast, sugar, corn and gluten free recipe here!)
Sunflower Oil

Guacamole:
1 Avocado
Juice of half a lime
Small bunch of coriander leaves
small garlic clove crushed (optional)

Salsa:
2 large vine tomatoes, chopped
Small bunch of Chives, chopped
3 Spring Onions, chopped
Juice of half a lime

Add the oil to the pan, once hot add the onion, peppers and pork.  Allow the pork to slightly brown all round.  At this stage you can add the fajitas seasoning.  The fajitas seasoning is liquid and as the meat cooks it forms a paste around the meat and veg.  Once this has happened your meat should be ready.

For the guacamole roughly mash the avocado.  Add the garlic, lime juice and coriander leaves and mix together.  I do not add any garlic to my guacamole as I prefer it without.  If I'm not making salsa I add a chopped tomato to the guacamole.  You can also use a lemon instead of a lime but I think the taste is far superior with the lime.



For the salsa, mix all the ingredients together.







Then just roll it up and dive in!

Enjoy
Shiny
xxx

3 comments:

  1. I do the fajitas too but have been putting it over brown rice instead of in the wraps and it turns out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm! Pictures looks so delish!! Well done sista!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look wonderful. I haven't done pork yet... well not since I found out I had candida. I am not sure if I can digest it or not. I am having such a hard time digesting a lot of food

    ReplyDelete