Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh no im on an antibiotic!!

Yesterday I had to have my four wisdom teeth surgically removed.  To my horror at the end of it I was handed a prescription for an antibiotic.  I have to take augmentin for 5 days.  I did consider not taking it as it has been prescribed only to prevent an infection in the gums.  However my face is so sore already when the pain killers wear off that I'm not really willing to chance getting an infection too!

I'm going to double my dose of probiotics for 10 days and hope this helps combat the negative effects of the antibiotic.  If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.  How far back is this going to set me on my anti candida diet?

Nervously!
Shiny
xxx

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your wisdom teeth; they really do hurt to have removed. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    As for recommendations, I have yet to be on more antibiotics since starting my diet, but in Ann Boroch's book The Candida Cure: Yeast, Fungus & Your Health, she recommends taking antifungals while you're on antibiotics. It's supposed to help keep Candida from flaring up. She also recommends that if you are taking both a probiotic and antifungal, that you do it at different times (probiotic upon rising and antifungal before bed). I hope that helps and that you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandi, The doctor told me to stop taking them today as I have had severe cramps since yesterday and am finding it difficult to eat as a result. I was talking both an anti fungal and probiotic. Taking them at different times is interesting, thanks for the info. Just hope they haven't set me too far back in my program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your doctor took you off of them; cramping is no good. I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thank you for sharing your experiences, it's comforting to find other people who suffer with candidiasis. I hope you feel better soon. I came to 'crisis' point over Christmas after a course of antibiotics, I don't know what I'll do if I need them again in the future - it's a difficult decision isn't it? Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete