Sunday, February 20, 2011

The ones not enough Buckwheat Brownie!

Lately I am having difficulties staying on track with this diet.  I think it is because I am now feeling better and that makes me think I can stray.  Of course, this is not the case and I will quickly go back to the way I was If I'm not careful.  So I decided to spend some time creating some sweet treats to help me continue the diet. 

I always had a massive place in my heart for chocolate cake, the heavier the better.  I would even leave half of my main course just to fit in the hot chocolate fudge cake with ice cream.  Oh those really were the days when I didn't have to pass on the dessert.  It hasn't really been a though few months as the pay offs have been worth it.   But now I have created a buckwheat brownie that is egg, diary, gluten, yeast and sugar free.  And yes it tastes amazing.

These are so good in fact that I was lucky to even get a photo.  Here is a pic of the last two just before I also devoured them.






I'm not really sure how candida friendly these are as there is unsweetened cocoa in them.   Not sure if you are allowed cocoa, maybe someone else knows, please let me know if you do.  For my next version I'm going to try it using carob powder instead.

2 cups buckwheat flour
2 cups agave inulin powder
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract 
2 full droppers of NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia

Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.  Prepare a baking tray with either parchment paper or oil/butter the tray.  Blend all the ingredients in a food processor and poor into the prepared tray.  Bake for about 20 minutes, test the brownies by putting a fork or skewer into the middle, the fork should come out clean, once this is the case your brownies are ready.  If possible allow to cool before cutting, I failed at this step, I just had to try them!

Enjoy
Shiny
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I am a new follower. Great blog! Follow me back if you would like. Happy Friday!
    kahluaii84 at gmail dot com
    http://wellnesswithdiabetes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same question about cocoa in baking. I heard it has something to do with the caffine and caffine causes the sugar to spike. That is why I didn't do it. On the other hand, even unsweetend carob chips have some natural sugars.

    I think it is a case of Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

    By the way... those brownies look wonderful. I just hate buckwheat though.... When I make bread with it, it smells like dog food. I use it anyway but.... don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry that is interesting about the buckwheat, i love it. So glad I can't get that smell. Also my sister hates stevia and thinks these taste like cough sweets. To me and some of my 'normal diet' friends thinks there delish. I guess there not entirely good food but they help at weak moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting your blog. I recovered from candida over 25 years ago and it is nice to know that there is a much better support system out there now then when I was going through it.
    http://nancyinnerwisdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Just found this blog. Have been on anti-candida diet since November 2010. Only recently have I found some recipes for desserts, but still struggling with trying to bake with Xylitol which is a good sugar substitute (better than agave which can still feed the candida) and which actually kills off the candida. Was wondering if you had come across Xylitol and tried recipes with it? Carob is better than cocoa, because it has no caffeine or other stimulants but should still be used in moderation. But buckwheat for dessert, sounds great. I LOVE buckwheat. A regular recipe I make are buckwheat blinis, smothered with coconut butter, or carefully sliced in half and filled with hummous and alfalfa sprouts.... Good lukc with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good relevant information about cherries.how cherries good for health for more information click here.. Buckwheat Diet

    ReplyDelete