Monday, March 28, 2011

Falafels

Falafels are my favourite for lunch.  There one of the few things I had in my candida feeding days that I still have today with only a few tweaks.  I love these so much I can't believe I'm only putting the recipe up now.  They are so simple to make, once you have a tin of chickpeas your are usually good to go!

Ingredients:
1 tin of chickpeas, drained
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped
2 tablespoons gluten free flour
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

Method:
Drizzle olive oil in a baking dish and heat in the oven to 180 Celsius.  While oven is heating, mash chickpeas with potato masher or in food processor. Add remaining ingredients to make a thick paste.

Shape into golf ball sized pieces and place in the preheated baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes, Time may be less depending on oven.

You can serve these with Humus and salad. Use Tahini dressing on the salad if you like.  I used Kristen's tahini dressing recipe to dress the salad only slightly changing it using 1 cup of water instead of a half as mine was still too thick with only a half cup.  That may be the difference in brands. 

Enjoy
Shiny

2 comments:

  1. OMG! There look so niiice! Thank for sharing! Definatelly gona make few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Thanks! I was hoping I could eat these =)

    ReplyDelete