Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Pizza that could have been.....

I have found it difficult to find a pizza base recipe that is a really good substitute and one you would want to make again.  I've had a few failures but you could at least eat them.  However, the last attempt was truly stomach wrenchingly disgusting! The texture was like gum, you just couldn't stomach it.  The most annoying part was the fact it looked and smelled fab.  I could not wait to mow into it!!!  This is it before it went into the oven for the last time.....



I don't know where the problem came from.  I used xanthum gum for the first time, maybe this was the cause or the fact that the recipe just said to use a gluten free flour. So I randomly put a mix of flours in.  Has anyone got a really nice pizza base recipe for me to try?  I have a major pizza craving that i really need to sort out especially now that im on stage two and can have my beloved pineapples.

Would love some suggestions
Thanks
Shiny

8 comments:

  1. I THINK this is okay for the candida diet...this is the crust I've been using. Maybe it will be okay for you, too! http://gfreeinbing.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/homemade-pizza-crust/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...on the recipe switch the starch and use tapioca starch instead of the corn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing me to your blog. Your recipes look interesting and I try to find recipes without sugar. I just became your newest follower, so I am looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet tried to make a pizza crust.

    I can now eat wheat so that will make it a little easier for me.... I miss the yeast breads... A Lot!!!

    Hopefully after the next parasite cleanse I will be doing in June... I won't have any food allergies. I guess I will just have to wait and see. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks rialedup Ill give it a try, need to locate some tapioca starch first.

    Judee I hope you find some nice recipes, I love reading your posts.

    Terry its great that your doing so well with the parasite clenses, even with the little horrors you had to face! I still cant eat wheat, I tried spelt for a while but was bloated afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently saw that Namaste foods has a pizza crust mix that is g-free, dairy free, sugar free, and yeast free. That might be a good option for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive used this with success because i havent found a recipe from scratch that i like yet. http://www.chebe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed that you have lots of yummy recipes on your page and I would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: www(dot)alldishes.co.uk/top-food-blogs
    If you want to add your food blog for get more visit traffic to the list and have your recipes indexed on Alldishes.co.uk, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: www(dot)alldishes.co.uk/add-your-food-blogs

    Hopefully hearing from you soon,

    Thanks,
    Sakkarin Sº
    info@alldishes(dot)co.uk

    ReplyDelete