Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cajun Tofunaise

What I loved most about my old diet was dips, sauces and spreads.  I have really found that it takes so much effort to make tasty sauces and then they really don't compare to shop bought ones.  My favourite was spicy mayonaise, I really missed it.  That is until i discovered the versatility of Tofu.  I bought a pack of silken tofu from my health store not really knowing what to do with it (I have a bit of an addiction to buying random stuff I don't need!).  I ended up tossing it into the blender with some spices and was shocked and amazed at the outcome!

So here are my ingredients:
1/2 cup of silken tofu
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
5 drops of Stevia (optional or to desired amount)
3 tbsp of water (or more depending on desired consistency)

Put all the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.  At this point taste it, if you prefer it extra spicy add more chilli powder.





This is lovely lashed onto chicken tortilla wraps, sandwiches or on anything you would have used a shop bought spicy mayo for in the past.

Happy dipping,
Shiny

2 comments:

  1. Hello! :) I love your photography and blog ! I am following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Also on bloglovin, facebook, instagram, twitter, tumblr and even lookbook if you want :3 <3

    NEW POST UP, IT'S DEFINITELY A MUST SEE :)

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that you have lots of yummy recipes on your page and I would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: www(dot)alldishes.co.uk/top-food-blogs
    If you want to add your food blog for get more visit traffic to the list and have your recipes indexed on Alldishes.co.uk, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: www(dot)alldishes.co.uk/add-your-food-blogs

    Hopefully hearing from you soon,

    Thanks,
    Sakkarin Sº
    info@alldishes(dot)co.uk

    ReplyDelete